The Director of the FCT Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board, Abuja, Malam Muhammad Kadiri Edah, says the 2026 Hajj operation for Abuja pilgrims has so far recorded smooth progress, with over 1,530 intending pilgrims successfully airlifted to Saudi Arabia and fully accommodated in Makkah.
Edah disclosed this in Makkah, noting that the FCT’s first flight departed Nigeria on May 7, 2026, after the completion of preparations, including enlightenment campaigns and medical screenings for intending pilgrims. He said the board registered 1,546 pilgrims for this year’s Hajj, while a few were unable to travel.
According to him, all FCT pilgrims have now been settled in five hotel accommodations in Makkah, while feeding and other welfare arrangements are being properly handled. He added that although there were minor technical, operational, logistical and security challenges during the movement of pilgrims from Madinah to Makkah, the issues were promptly resolved by officials of the board.
The director also reminded intending pilgrims that pregnant women are not allowed to participate in the Hajj exercise, while urging pilgrims to obey Saudi authorities and focus on acts of worship throughout the pilgrimage.
